Sunday, May 16, 2010

Level of detail, suits




I was just browsing the zbrush site for some inspiration to start sculpting. I managed to find this, I don't know what LOD (level of detail) you have planned for the suits han ung, but this is what I imagine would really look good in terms of wrinkles and asymmetry, nothing should look perfect. They sculpted the geo to make it LOOK like proper clothing and if your characters are actually wearing clothing and not metal vests this should be something to aim for. Just a thought.

3 comments:

  1. btw, blogger has the stupidest posting system, u need a better blogging system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha I know.. but anyway Don't worry, No problem yet.
    Yes Asim. Me and casey knew it.
    What I am thniking is that we need to make the all geo fine first. Proportional to overall balance.If we start to make it everything super real like that, everything has to be super real, that's a why, I made a line. and it is my drawing style..( Dynamics control )
    ^ ^ As you can see My drawing is not super reallristic. the point is we are going to make the film styilistic.
    aFter the geo proportion set up. We have time to which part has to be re modeling.
    But anyway. I like that real clothing. Good one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what I meant was...that detail to be added once everything is locked down. It would have to be done through textures and displacement. But it all comes down to your look.

    ReplyDelete